This cajun cream sauce recipe is great with chicken, pork, and of course seafood. I generally pair it with an oven baked salmon. While making this dish, remember you can control the amount of heat through the cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, or crushed red pepper flakes.
Cajun Cream Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 multi-colored bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning (low salt)
- 1 tbsp chicken base
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- Add olive oil to a skillet on medium heat. Add chopped bell pepper and sauté for approximately 5 minutes. Add minced garlic, cajun seasoning and crush tomatoes. Stir and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken base. Pour in heavy whipping cream and mix.
- Stir in thyme, rosemary, and red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
@plussizechi Salmon and cajun cream sauce, red beans and rice with asparagus…….#plussizechi #explore #foodies #recipe #foodporn #seafood #fork #fyp ♬ Nothing Can Come Between Us – Sade