This salmon recipe is one of my favorite go-to meals on Sundays. It only takes about 17 – 20 minutes to complete. There’s a nice cajun cream sauce to add if you like. I usually serve the salmon with pasta and sautéed cabbage or roasted asparagus. Plus if there are leftovers, I like to use the fish to make salmon croquettes!
Cajun and Lemon Pepper Salmon
- cookie sheet
- 2 lb salmon fillet (boneless - skin on or off)
- 1 tbsp cajun or creole seasoning
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 cups parsley
- 5 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Cover an over proof pan with aluminum foil.
- Mix all the seasonings together.
- Rinse salmon, pat dry.
- Place salmon on pan and coat both sides with olive oil.
- Season salmon with seasoning blend, rub into salmon on both sides. (may not need all seasoning, use as much to your taste)
- If salmon has skin, place the salmon skin side down.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with parsley and serve with extra lemon.