This TGI Friday’s copycat recipe is very similar to the real deal. The Sizzling Chicken and Shrimp is one of my favorites when I go out to TGI Friday’s and I’m glad to be able to make it at home. You can eat this with mash potatoes and/or rice if you prefer.
Sizzling Chicken and Shrimp Recipe (TGI Friday's Copycat)
- 2 nonstick skillets
- 1 cast-iron skillet
- Baking Sheet
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast (pounded to 1/4-inch thickness)
- 1/2 pound Jumbo Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Parsley (optional)
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Sliced Bell Peppers (Red, Green, Orange for variety)
- 1 medium Sliced White or Red Onions
- 1 15 oz Diced Tomatoes (drained)
- 1 cup Pre-shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 tbsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Thyme Leaves
- 1 tbsp Chili Lime Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- Drizzle olive oil to the bottom of a nonstick skillet and add sliced peppers, onions, and diced tomatoes. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place chicken breast in saran wrap and use a mallet to pound chicken into 1/4 inches thick. Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- On a baking sheet or something similar, drizzle olive oil over both sides of the chicken breast and sprinkle the following seasonings on both sides of the chicken breasts: seasoning salt, garlic powder, thyme leaves, chili lime seasoning, and black pepper.
- Turn the stove on medium heat and drizzle olive oil to a nonstick skillet to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place 2 chicken breasts into the skillet and cook on both sides until brown and no longer pink inside - approximately 165°F. Once done, set aside, and repeat steps for remaining chicken breasts.
- Rinse deveined shrimp (leave tails on) and pat dry. On a baking sheet, sprinkle chili lime seasoning on both sides of shrimp.
- Add olive oil and minced garlic to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place shrimp in pan and do not overcrowd. Cook shrimp until golden brown. If necessary, cook shrimp in two batches.
Final Steps and Assembly
- Heat a cast iron skillet on low-medium heat until hot.
- Sprinkle cheese onto the bottom of the skillet. Turn off stove once cheese has melted.
- On top of the cheese, place the sautéed peppers, onions and tomatoes on 1/2 of the skillet.
- Place the chicken breasts and shrimp on the other side of skillet.
- Drizzle with lime juice, and sprinkle parsley on top (optional).