I’ve always considered pork chops an alternative to chicken when I’m looking for another “white meat” that’s quick and easy to cook. This recipe does add more flavor with some of my favorite seasoning mixes from Weber Grill and McCormick. If they’re not in your local grocery store, you can find them online at stores like Amazon or Walmart.
Savory Brown Sugar Bourbon Pork Chops
- 5 porkchops (1/2 inch to 1 inch thick)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp McCormick GrillMates Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
- 3 tbsp Weber Savory Steakhouse Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Lawry's seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp Maker's Mark bourbon or favorite bourbon (optional)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- Rinse and pat dry pork chops and place on a baking sheet.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and minced garlic into a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil on both sides of pork chops.
- Sprinkle generously brown sugar bourbon seasoning, steakhouse seasoning, seasoning salt, and rosemary on both sides of all pork chops.
- Add pork chops to the skillet. Don't overcrowd. If necessary, cook in batches - 2-3 at a time.
- Cook pork chops on medium heat for 6 minutes on both sides until brown.
- In a small bowl, mix bourbon and brown sugar. Add to skillet.
- Cover pork chops and cook for 15 more minutes on medium-low heat.