You’ll love this easy 30-minute cajun shrimp and sausage pasta recipe. Serve as a main dish at your next family dinner or pot-luck.
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp julienne sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup drained diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Sausage and Shrimp
- 1 lb sliced beef smoked sausage (or andouille)
- 1 medium red and green peppers sliced thin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced thin (optional)
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp (deveined and peeled)
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- In a large pot with boiling water, cook 1/2 lb of penne pasta for approximately 8 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add back to the pot.
- One at a time, stir in the following ingredients: olive oil, julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes, diced tomatoes (drained), heavy cream, Italian seasoning, cajun seasoning, crushed red pepper, and parmesan cheese.
Shrimp and Sausage
- In a separate skillet - preheat and add olive oil and sliced peppers (onions optional). Sauté for 4 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add in sliced smoked sausage and cook until done - approximately 7 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Clean deveined shrimp with tails removed. Rinse and pat dry. Use paper towels to remove excess water. Add to a bowl with olive oil and cajun seasoning.
- On medium-low heat, add shrimp to skillet and cook on each side for approximately 5 minutes. Once the shrimp are pink and have a little sear, stir in the sausage and peppers.
- Serve sausage and shrimp with pasta.