These crispy garlic parmesan chicken wings are baked, but taste just as good as if they were fried. Using a baking sheet with rack will help make these wings nice and crisp. The garlic parmesan sauce has a nice buttery and cheese taste that compliments the wings very well.
Note: the seasonings below can be adjusted based on your preference.
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Great chicken wing recipe for parties, get togethers, or just hanging out with family.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- aluminum foil
- 2 baking sheets with racks
- 3-4 lbs chicken wings (approximately 20 whole wings) Fresh is best, if using frozen drummettes be sure to completely thaw, rinse, and drain.
- 2 tbsp seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp thyme (leaves)
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning (with salt)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- cooking spray
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 2 sticks butter (salted)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Kraft grated parmesan cheese (use canned parmesan, don't use fresh parmesan cheese)
- 1 tbsp parsley (optional)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Add aluminum foil to the baking sheets and add racks on top with cooking spray to help chicken wings get crisp and keep chicken from sticking.
- Using a meat cleaver, in between the joints, cut wings into three different parts - the wingtip, wing flats, and drummette. Toss the wing tips and rinse chicken wings with water. Pat dry.
- Sprinkle the chicken with seasoning salt, thyme, black pepper, and cajun seasoning on all parts of the wings. Use less or more seasonings according to your preference.
- Toss wings with olive oil.
- Place the chicken wings on the baking racks and place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on low. Once melted, turn off the heat and add garlic powder, minced garlic, black pepper and salt. Add the parmesan cheese and stir. The mixture may appear thick. That's okay once it's added to the chicken, the butter mixture will begin melting.
- Once the chicken is completed baked in the oven, remove and add to a bowl. Toss the garlic parmesan sauce on the chicken.
- Add chicken to a serving platter and add parsley (optional).