Brussel sprouts are one of my favorite veggies to eat. That definitely wasn’t the case when I was a kid. It was weird like eating baby cabbage. A few years ago, I uploaded another version of this Brussel sprout recipe with bacon. The highlight of this version is garlic butter and parmesan cheese.
Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Butter and Parmesan
- 1.5 lb brussels sprouts (halved)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter (salted)
- 1/2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Chef Shamy's Garlic Butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut off the stem from the bottom of the brussels sprouts and slice the brussel sprouts in half. If they are miniature size, don’t slice and keep whole.
- Rinse the brussels sprouts with cold water.
- On medium heat, add olive oil and butter to a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the brussels sprouts to the skillet. Next add the following seasonings: thyme leaves, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Stir well.
- Cover skillet and lower heat to medium. Stir occasionally until tender for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and test by piercing with a fork.
- Add garlic butter and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle red pepper flakes (optional). Cover skillet and remove from heat. Add more salt and pepper to taste.