This ultimate chicken and shrimp potato salad recipe is truly inspired by Chef Darius Williams. I love his potato salad recipe. I’ve added chicken and shrimp to kick it up a few more notches.
Potato Salad Dressing
- 5 cups Kraft Mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs yellow or red potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- sprinkle smoked paprika and parsley (optional)
Chicken and Shrimp
- 1 large chicken breasts OR 1 rotisserie chicken.
- 2 tbsp Lawry's Chicken and Poultry Rub seasoning
- 1 lb jumbo or colossal deveined and peeled shrimp
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Potato Salad Dressing Prep
- In a medium bowl, add mayo, sour cream, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Stir well. Keep in the refrigerator until ready.
- Skip the step below if using a rotisserie chicken, tear into strips.
- Add water to a large pot. On medium heat, boil water.
- Rinse chicken breast and add to a large pot. Add water to cover and bring to a boil. Add chicken and poultry rub seasoning. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from water. Let rest for 5 minutes. Using two forks shred chicken and set aside.
- Rinse deveined and peeled shrimp pat dry with a paper towel, ensuring to remove all water.
- In a bowl, add shrimp, 1 tbsp olive oil and cajun seasoning. Mix well.
- On medium-low heat, using a skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan.
- Add shrimp, and sauté on each side for 5 mins or until golden brown.
Potato Salad Prep
- Dice potatoes to bite size pieces. Rinse and add to a large pot of water. On medium heat, bring to a boil. Cook for 25 minutes. Drain them well.
- Add potatoes back to the pan to allow the heat to soak up any extra water.
- Next add the poached or rotisserie chicken.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, onions, celery, and green pepper. Stir well.
- Mix in the salad dressing. Stir well.
- Add potato salad to a casserole dish or large bowl.
- Top the potato salad with sautéed shrimp. Optional add bacon bits. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and parsley.