Simple, flavorful, and delicious pork chops with gravy recipe to add on top of rice or mash potatoes.
- 6 1/2 inch pork chops (bone-in)
- Weber Steak 'N Chop Seasoning Can substitute with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper.
- Thyme Leaves
- Ground Sage
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 large bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp beef bouillon
- 2 cup water
Sautéed Pork Chops
- Thoroughly rinse off pork chops and pat dry. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over pork chops. Sprinkle each seasonings on both sides of pork chops - steak and chop seasoning, thyme, sage, and paprika.
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet or frying pan. Heat on medium for about 3 minutes or until skillet is hot.
- Place 1-2 pork chops into the skillet - not overcrowding.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side. Place into a baking dish. Repeat until all pork chops have been cooked.
- Do not clean skillet. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add onions and bell pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes. Place over pork chops in baking dish.
- In a saucepan add 2 cups of water with 2 tsp of beef bouillon to make a beef broth. Once boiling starts, turn off heat.
- On medium heat, add butter to skillet and melt. Stir in 2 tbsp of flour.
- Mix in onion powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Whisk in 1 cup of beef broth at a time until gravy forms. Continue adding broth. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Pour gravy over pork chops, onions and bell peppers.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake at 400℉ for 50 minutes to one hour.
- Serve with potatoes or rice.