These Mango Chipotle Chicken Wings are tangy, sticky, and delicious! Make them as an appetizer for your next family game night or as dinner with a side of french fries.
- 20 whole chicken wings
- Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Weber Kick'N Chicken Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Thyme (dried)
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- canola oil (or your favorite cooking oil)
Generally, I add the seasonings to my chicken by "eye-ing" it. I'm not exactly sure of those measurements, but I've added the approximate amount to this recipe.
- To your preference, you can keep the chicken wings whole or use a cleaver and remove the tips and/or cut to separate drums and flats.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Add to a bowl and drizzle olive oil.
- Sprinkle seasonings to cover chicken: Kick'N Chicken, Onion Powder, Thyme, and Garlic Powder. Spread with hands to cover all chicken parts. Basically, you should see the seasoning. LOL! Sprinkle Corn Starch and again spread with hands to cover all chicken parts.
- In a large skillet add cooking oil and heat until it's hot on medium-heat.
- Once the cooking oil is hot, add 5-6 chicken wings to the skillet - don't overcrowd. Cook on each side for 7 minutes. Depending on the size of the wings, it may take a total of 14-16 minutes to cook.
- Add chicken to a metal rack with paper towels until all chicken is finished cooking. This helps drain grease and keeps chicken crispy.
Mango Chipotle Sauce
- On medium-heat, melt butter in a skillet.
- Next add brown sugar and stir until it's blended with butter.
- Stir in peach honey and Kinder's Chipotle Mango Crunch Blends.
- Stir in frozen mango chunks.
- Turn heat to medium-low and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Add 1/2 chicken to a bowl and pour 1/2 of sauce to coat. Add to a platter. Repeat steps for the remaining chicken and sauce.