- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced)
- 12 large chicken tenderloins (cut into chunks) OR you can use 3 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 tbsp onion powder or 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 5 cups water
- 3 15.5 oz cans Bush's Best White Chili Beans / Great Northern Beans in Mild Sauce If using beans with mild sauce, DO NOT drain.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 30 jumbo shrimp (deveined and peeled - remove tails)
- 1 tsp Kick'n Chicken (Weber Grill)
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Turn instant pot on using Sauté mode. Add olive oil.
- Add minced garlic and bell peppers. Cook until soft for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse and cut up chicken tenders or chicken breasts into chunks. Add to the pot and stir in seasonings: onion powder or diced onions, oregano, cumin, thyme, black pepper, and seasoning salt. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken base and 5 cups of water.
- Cover instant pot while on Sauté mode, and let simmer for 20 mins. Allow pressure to be released.
- Add chili beans. If using beans with mild sauce DO NOT DRAIN.
- Cover instant pot and using Soup/Broth mode, cook for 20 minutes. Allow the pressure to release.
- In a small bowl, add heavy whipping cream and corn starch and mix. Stir into the soup. Using Sauté mode, cook for 10 minutes to thicken (DO NOT COVER). Turn off instant pot.
- Rinse off shrimp and pat dry, ensuring all water has been released.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to help bind seasonings.
- Add Kick'n Chicken and Cajun seasonings.
- Using medium heat, sauté shrimp for about 5 minutes on each side until pink.
- In a bowl, add chili and mix in some of the shrimp. Top with more shrimp and cilantro.