This ham, egg, and cheese casserole is a simple and easy low carb recipe to make for breakfast or brunch. I go back and forth with eating keto and low carb. In the mornings I hate trying to figure out what can I eat for breakfast that will help me stay on my new keto lifestyle of eating, but also make it edible for the husband to enjoy it too.
When you’re getting ready for work, you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. Making this meal ahead of time will save you time.
To help make this edible for both me and the hubby, I’ve used 2% milk, but you can easily make this keto-friendly by swapping out the milk for heavy cream or unsweetened almond milk. Either way, this meal is delicious.
Another short cut for the ham is to use ham slices or if you have leftover ham during the holidays, freeze some in separate freezer bags to take out whenever you need to add ham for a recipe.
Ham and Egg Casserole
Keto and Low-Carb friendly breakfast dish with eggs and ham.Print Pin Rate
- nonstick skillet
- 8X10 casserole dish (or similar size)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 small bell pepper (diced)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 12 oz diced ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil into non-stick pan and add diced bell pepper and onion for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Crack eggs into a medium mixing bowl and whisk.
- Place onions and bell pepper into the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients into the box and mix.
- Spray a 8x10 casserole dish with nonstick spray
- Pour ingredients into the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.