Simply use these three ingredients to quickly make blackened catfish fillets in a cast iron skillet for a quick and tasty meal.
- 1 Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 large catfish fillets
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Tony Crachere's creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 medium sliced bell pepper (yellow, green, or red) (optional)
- 1 small sliced onion (optional)
- Rinse catfish fillets and pat dry.
- Place fillets on a baking or cookie sheet or large cutting board.
- Lightly sprinkle each seasoning on both sides of catfish.
- Preheat cast iron skillet on medium-low for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil to the pan
- Depending on the size, add one fillet at a time to the pan. Cook for 6 minutes on each side (or until brown). Do not flip over multiple times.
- Set fillets aside on a plate. Add slice peppers and onions to the pan and sauté for 4 minutes. (optional)
- Reduce heat to low, add fillets back to the pan, and cover. Cook for 5 more additional minutes before turning off heat.