This ham, egg, and cheese casserole is a simple and easy low carb recipe to make for breakfast or brunch. I go back and forth with eating keto and low carb. In the mornings I hate trying to figure out what can I eat for breakfast that will help me stay on my new keto lifestyle of eating, but also make it edible for the husband to enjoy it too.
When you’re getting ready for work, you don’t want to spend to much time in the kitchen. Making this meal ahead of time will save you time.
To help make this edible for both me and the hubby, I’ve used 2% milk, but you can easily make this keto friendly by swapping out the milk for heavy cream or unsweetened almond milk. Either way this meal is delicious.
Another short cut for the ham is to use ham slices or if you have left over ham during the holidays, freeze some in separate freezer bags to take out whenver you need to add ham for a recipe.
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 cup of 2% milk (for keto use heavy cream or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of seasoning salt
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 small bell pepper diced and sautéed
- 8oz – 16oz of diced ham (amount depends on how much meat you want)
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl
- Spray a 8 X 10 casserole dish with nonstick spray
- Pour ingredients into the casserole dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.