If you’re like me, you want a sweet potato pie that’s perfectly sweetened and makes you want to tap your foot while you’re eating it. This is a great dessert to eat for the holidays or anytime of the year!
Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter (salted/softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 9-inch deep dish frozen pie crust https://www.pillsbury.com/products/pie-crust/pet-ritz-deep-dish-pie-crust
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Place the sweet potatoes onto a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for one hour or until tender. Once done, peel the skins off the potatoes and add the pulp into a medium bowl.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350°F.
- Line one cookie sheet with aluminum foil. This helps in case there's any spillage.
- Place frozen pie pan onto cookie sheet. Using a fork, poke the bottom of the pie crust 4-5 times.
- Using an electric mixer or a standing-mixer, beat the sweet potatoes until creamy. Next add the butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk one egg and pour into the batter. Mix all the ingredients well for about 1 minute.
- Pour the filling into the pie pan.
- Bake the pie for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until inserting a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- On a cooling rack, let sit for 1 hour to allow for easy and even slicing.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a dash of cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
- If there's any pie left, store in a refrigerator.